Evaluation

For the presentation day videos as a class we had to create four videos one for West Kent College, one for Hadlow, one for Hadlow out centres, and one for Ashford College. For my input on the filming of the presentation day videos, I first filmed a Graphics lesson at West Kent College which I helped to direct the camera operator (Jay Seymour) on what camera angles to use. I then filmed at the Hadlow College facility in Canterbury. Again I helped to direct the shots for with the camera operator (Tim Townsend). I then filmed in the same day Princess Christian Farm a Hadlow College facility, Hildenborough which was another Hadlow College facility, and in Mottingham another Hadlow College facility. For this day I was actually the Camera Operator taking directions on what to film from the Director (Tim Townsend). The last place that I helped to film at was Hadlow Colleges main site in Hadlow, for this I was again the Camera Operator taking directions from the Director (Regan Alexis). 

For the input on the sequencing and the editing of the videos I was set by my teacher to help one of my peers in the class (Harry Myles) to sequence the West Kent College presentation day video. What I was asked and had to do was read through the SD card logs that Harry had gone through and insert the clips onto the sequence that Harry had highlighted. The clips that I was putting onto the sequence where clips that Harry had decided he would want in the video. On certain clips that I saw while adding them onto the sequence I removed/added because I felt I could edit the clips and incorporate them into the final video when it came to the editing. 



1. (0:00 - 0:13) The first shot I chose was because it was an over shoulder shot of a student on the computer, I liked this shot because it showed the student working as well as the computer screen so the audience would be able to see what the student was doing.
2. (0:14 - 0:27) This shot is very similar to the first shot but is different because it has more of the back of the student and shows whats on the computer clearly.
3. (0:28 - 0:37) Again like the first two shots its an over the shoulder, however this shot has less of the student and focuses much more clearly on the screen and what the student is actually working on.
4. (0:38 - 0:50) This shot is a side on shot of a student working on a sound mixing board, you can see the student moving buttons and switches clearly which I think is good for the viewers to see the kind of things student get to do at West Kent College.
5. (0:51 - 1:01) Another over head shot of student working on the sound mixing board but with a computer screen ahead showing what the student is actually working on.
6. (1:02 - 1:27) Another side on view of the same student, but this time from the other side. Towards the end the student wheels his chair out of shot. This gives quite a cool effect of him moving over to another desk.
7. (1:28 - 1:38) This shot is another over the shoulder shot of the student, but this time working on a different program. The many shots of technology being used helps to show the audience what the course involves.
8. (1:39 - 1:47) Pan up from the ground to the sound mixing board the student had been working on. This is a good shot to fill in gaps in the video and show of the equipment West Kent College has to offer.
9. (1:48 - 1:54) Another over shoulder shot but this time of a student writing in a notebook.
10. (1:55 - 2:16) A side on shot of a student working again on a computer with headphones on.
11. (2:17 - 2:51) Extreme close up shot of a student dying a fake head for the hair and beauty course, in the shot you can see the students hands working clearly on the fake head. This gives the audience a sense of things that are involved in this course.
12. (2:52 - 3:04) Medium shot of a student in the same course washing someones hair, it is a side on shot so you can see the back of the persons head who is having their hair washed.
13. (3:05 - 3:24) This is also a medium shot and also of the same people, however this is a front on view giving another angle to show the audience of what the student is doing. This is a good idea to have two angles to something that is the same because it adds a better feel to the video.
14. (3:25 - 4:00) This last shot of the sequence is of a student cutting a ladies hair. It is a medium shot, and side on. The mix up of different things for this course is good because it shows the audience what the students get up to in the course and what is included.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Task 1 : "Video for Interactive Media: What You Need to Know"

Production Log #6 (25/05/2017)

Production Log #5 (11/05/2017)